Dashboard Log out

I am interested in joining IEC TC108 and assisting with the development of IEC 62368-1 - how can I do this?

Experts / Manufacturers generally do not join the IEC Technical Committees independently.  Typically, a Manufacturer should first join their National Committee (NC) for IEC and begin getting involved participating in their National Committee.  National Committee members receive IEC TC108 documents, can propose comments/revisions (if NC support them), and can participate in their National Committee voting.  Please note, most National Committees will have an associated monetary fee to participate.

Subsequently, as an NC member, if the NC Member / Expert is interested the Expert can request to join IEC TC maintenance teams, new work project teams, etc. under the IEC TC, such as the Hazard Based Standard Development Team, which does the primary work maintaining IEC 62368-1 and producing documents for NC review and voting. All formal approval of documents is via National Committee voting.


Therefore, we recommend that you contact the National Committee that represents your country if your country participates on IEC TC108 '“ https://www.iec.ch/dyn/www/f?p=103:29:717472019271837::::FSP_ORG_ID,FSP_LANG_ID:1311,25 .

In the US the associated TC108 committee is the ANSI US NC / Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for IEC TC108 - 
https://www.ansi.org/usnc-iec/usnc-overview .  As UL is the Secretary of the US TAG TC108, you can contact UL for additional information on joining the US TAG TC108 - https://62368-ul-solutions.com/contact-ul.html .
Please also see this previous post for additional information -
https://62368-ul-solutions.com/engineers/how-can-a-manufacturer-get-involved-with-iec-tc108/ .

Back to "You ask, we answer"