How can I learn more about planning my transition?
Here are some quick tips for understanding 62368-1:
- Read and study Clause 0, Principles of this Product Safety Standard – for an introduction to HBSE and its application in this standard.
- Read and study Annex W, Comparison of Terms Introduced in this Standard – to quickly compare terms used in IEC 60065, IEC 60950-1 and other standards related to 62368-1.
- Familiarize yourself with the 62368-1 Table of Contents – for a clear view of the hazard-based nature of the standard.
- Contact your local UL representative to discuss how we can customize a transition budget and schedule.
- Join the UL Hazard Based Safety Engineering Group on LinkedIn dedicated to ongoing developments in the transition towards 62368-1 and the pending June 20, 2019, DOW/Effective Date for the EU & NA markets.
- Sign up for a UL Knowledge Services course – and let the IEC 62368-1 knowledge leader help you benefit from the new standard.
- Register for full access to the UL transition toolkit. It’s the most comprehensive 62368-1 knowledge base available.