How can I convince my company to act now?
You can help your company to understand some of the critical issues, such as:
- The new standard is mandatory in many major markets as well as requirement from many of your customers. Failure to comply will result in significant loss of sales, profit and market share in your global marketplace.
- The new standard contains new requirements. Determining what these are and how they apply will vary with the component or product under question. Proper preparation will require time as unforeseen problems may arise.
- The new standard offers significant benefits, including flexibility and increased opportunities for innovation.
- There is no good reason NOT to act now. IEC 62368-1 has been designed to not disrupt the established supply chain system for high tech components through the transition period. Early planning during the transition cycle can lower costs during the formal transition period, and seamlessly ensures no break in normal global market access.
- Companies requiring to adopt the new standard may run into scheduling bottlenecks to due high last minute demand. Companies should plan early to avoid running into these bottlenecks that may delay product launches or shipments