Welcome to UL Solutions'™
62368 Knowledge Hub
Comprehensive Solutions, Information and Tools
You Need for IEC 62368-1
IEC 62368-1, is the safety standard that is changing worldwide safety certification of consumer and enterprise technology products in the Audio/Video and Information Communication Technology sector. Based on Hazard-Based Safety Engineering (HBSE) principles, the standard brings real advantages to manufacturers of modern electronic equipment and components.
This website features a package of knowledge-based content designed to provide you with the most comprehensive and useful foundation for facilitating a sound and effective transition.
It features an in-depth guide (requiring registration) providing you with up-to-date IEC 62368-1 knowledge '“ accessible as an online tool / PDF.
As a user of the 62368 Knowledge Hub, you will be better enabled to:
- Quickly check which of your products are affected.
- Stay informed with regular updates on new developments.
- Make decisions on the future use of components and subsystems certified to legacy standards.
- Strategically plan your company'™s transition.
- Easily understand the bottom-line value of the Hazard-based Safety Engineering approach.
- See for yourself the Expert's answers to critical questions.
- Benefit from special offers from the engineering team and a single point of access to webinars, webcasts, and podcasts.
We hope you find this knowledge hub to be useful and, please don'™t forget, the team at UL Solutions are also here to help.
* IEC 62368-1 is the new hazard-based standard that replaces both IEC 60065 (Safety of AV Equipment) and IEC 60950-1 (Safety of Information & Communication Technology Equipment). The standard is advantageous to manufacturers designing modern electronic equipment and components due to its hazard-based principles, more performance-based requirements (vs. prescriptive) and its ability to better consider innovative designs and constructions.