Welcome to UL’s 62368 Knowledge Hub
Comprehensive Solutions, Information and Tools
You Need for IEC 62368-1
IEC 62368-1, is the safety standard that is changing worldwide safety certification of consumer and enterprise technology products in the Audio/Video and Information Communication Technology sector. Based on Hazard-Based Safety Engineering (HBSE) principles, the standard brings real advantages to manufacturers of modern electronic equipment and components.
This website features a package of knowledge-based content designed to provide you with the most comprehensive and useful foundation for facilitating a sound and effective transition.
It features an in-depth guide (requiring registration) providing you with up-to-date IEC 62368-1 knowledge – accessible as an online tool / PDF.
As a user of the 62368 Knowledge Hub, you will be better enabled to:
- Quickly check which of your products are affected.
- Stay informed with regular updates on new developments.
- Make decisions on the future use of components and subsystems certified to legacy standards.
- Strategically plan your company’s transition.
- Easily understand the bottom-line value of the Hazard-based Safety Engineering approach.
- See for yourself the Expert's answers to critical questions.
- Benefit from special offers from the engineering team and a single point of access to webinars, webcasts, and podcasts.
We hope you find this knowledge hub to be useful and, please don’t forget, the team at UL are also here to help.
* IEC 62368-1 is the new hazard-based standard that replaces both IEC 60065 (Safety of AV Equipment) and IEC 60950-1 (Safety of Information & Communication Technology Equipment). The standard is advantageous to manufacturers designing modern electronic equipment and components due to its hazard-based principles, more performance-based requirements (vs. prescriptive) and its ability to better consider innovative designs and constructions.